Chateau Montelena, Napa Valley, Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon 2006

Shipping calculated at checkout.
By C4

94 points Jeb Dunnuck

The 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate offers a slightly more perfumed, complex nose with its cassis, currants, mint, and spring flowers. This pretty, elegant wine has fine tannins, nicely integrated acidity, a layered, balanced style, and a great finish. (1/2019)

94 points Vinous

Dark red with ruby tones; not as deep as the '05 or '04. Very dark aromas of cassis, licorice and cocoa powder are complicated by exotic dusty spices and Provençal herbs. Suave, pure and mouthfilling, with its fine-grained dark berry and spice flavors broadening on the back half. Boasts a lovely balance of sweet and savory qualities, with bright acidity and refined tannins giving the wine plenty of backbone for further leisurely evolution in bottle. Finishes with excellent building length. The late summer of 2006 was very hot but temperatures dropped sharply in mid-September, pushing the harvest mostly into October, according to Barrett. In my earliest note on this vintage, I found the wine a bit disjointed (Barrett described it shortly before bottling as 60% a superripe component from the rocks and hillside, while the other 40% was all pepper and no jam--very Bordeaux-like in style), but it is harmonizing beautifully. (ST) (5/2019)

1 in stock
IMPORTANT: where applicable, items presented "IN ORIGINAL WOODEN CASE" the shipping of the wooden case is an extra cost. Applies only to wines not offered individually. Use Contact Us below to inquire about rates.
This product can be shipped. Fees apply.
Click on image to 🔍 inspect