Sine Qua Non, Petite Sirah, The Writing on the Wall 2012 (Limited Edition, presentation case)
2012 magnum, The Art Sine Qua Non book, in presentation wood case
100 points Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2012 Petite Sirah from Third Twin and Cumulus Vyds
- This is the first Sine Qua Non bottling of Petite Sirah as the primary grape.
- It is a blend of 94% Petite Sirah and 6% Viognier.
- It was aged in 80% old hogsheads and 20% in new French oak.
- 80% is from the Third Twin Vineyard and 20% from the Cumulus Vineyard.
- It was bottled only in magnum.
- It was sold in a box with a special edition of the Sine Qua Non label art book The Art of Sine Qua Non.
- Shipped in April 2015.
- Offered in March 2015 via an email which said in part:
Since we are E & M from Sine Qua Non, we had to complicate things just a little bit more. Aside from the delightfulstandardbooks we also produced 350 of a COLLECTOR'S EDITION. These specialties will carry a serial number, will be signed by Manfred and come packed in a gorgeous bamboo wood box along with a magnum of 2012 Petite Sirah namedThe Writing On The Wall. This will be the only way this fabulous wine is going to be available. It is 94% Petite Sirah and 6% Viognier from our three Estate vineyards … The Third Twin, Cumulus and Eleven Confessions. Only 356 of these absolute beauties were filled. I wouldn't dare miss this rarity.