Patriarche Pere et Fils, Corton 1982 (1.5L)
Many people's fame fades with their epitaph.
French lexicographer Pierre-Claude-Victor Boiste circa 1800. However, there are those Houses whose fame and reputation span time and space: Patriarche Père et Fils is one of them. Located in the heart of the wine capital of Burgundy, in a former convent, the bicentenary house has the finest and most prestigious wine cellars in the region. In 1632, under the direction of Jeanne de Chantal (nun and founder of the Order of the Visitation), a convent of the Order of the Visitation was built. This convent housed the Visitandine sisters until the French Revolution which put an end to religious orders. In 1796, the Patriarche family, known in Beaune since 1780 as a family of merchants and winegrowers, bought the former convent of the Visitandine sisters and set up their activities there. At the end of 1930, the Patriarche family, having no successors, sold it to André Boisseau. Boisseau was a visionary and marketing genius, this combination made the House of Patriarche one of the largest and most prestigious Burgundy merchants.