Filhot 1986 (375ml)
base neck; some wrinkled labels
Priced to move! this is a clear and easy to enjoy value wine.
The origins of the Château Filhot date back to 1709, when Romain de Filhot founded the Château Filhot, on a vineyard that had already existed since the first half of the 17th century. In the wake of the French Revolution, the heirs of the Filhot family, the Lur-Saluces, took over the château and renovated the property. The Château Filhot estate encompasses 320 contiguous hectares. Classified in 1855, Château Filhot was distributed until the end of the 19th century under the Château Sauternes label. It acquired its own name in 1901. Since 1974, Count Henri de Vaucelles managed the Château Filhot with his son Gabriel. Without a doubt one of the most beautiful properties in the Sauternais region, the Château Filhot is home to an exceptionally high quality vineyard.